How to Make Keto Chili in your Instant Pot
As the temperature dipped down into the low 50s this weekend I decided to bust out my old keto chili recipe. There’s nothing better than a warm, hearty bowl of chili when its chilly, am I right!? This recipe is extremely simple and only requires about 45 minutes until you’re enjoying that satiating bowl of chili. So go turn your favorite playlist on, get your Instant Pot preheated, and get to cooking!
The Tasty Ingredients
- Two 12 oz (ca. 454 g) cans of diced tomatoes (basil, garlic, and oregano flavored preferably)
- One 12 oz (ca. 454 g) can plain tomato paste
- 1.5 lbs of a ground beef/ground pork mixture (you could substitute with whatever meat you prefer here)
- One yellow onion, diced
- Two fresh garlic gloves, minced
- Three-fourths cup of beef broth
- One-third cup of water
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Himalayan Pink Sea Salt, Cumin, Chili Powder, and Smoked Paprika to taste
- Additional Items: Avocado, sharp cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and sour cream
How to Make Delicious Keto Chili
- Turn your instant pot on to sauté mode and drizzle a little EVOO into the pan
- Once preheated, add the ground beef/pork and brown for 10-15 minutes
- This step is optional: If you aren’t a massive fan of all the grease produced here, simply grab a ladle and an old cup and scoop some grease out!
- Add onion and garlic in with the meat and cook until onions are nearly see through
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beef broth, water, and seasonings (totally your preference on how much you add here) and stir
- Place your instant pot lid on and switch from sauté mode to pressure-cook (high)
- Let cook for 25 minutes, and then let it sit on “keep warm” for an additional 10 minutes (this will allow some pressure to naturally release)
- Switch your release valve to “vent” and let remaining pressure out
- Stir, scoop into bowl, add cheese, avocado, bacon bits, and sour cream, then enjoy!
Be sure to take an aesthetically pleasing picture of this hearty chili before you eat it, because it will look good! This keto chili is full of flavor, protein, and healthy fats, plus it essentially has no carbs (depending on what additional items you add) so you will be more than full once you’re done with your first bowl. Be sure to let me know how your chili turns out, and if you have other tasty keto chili recipes leave some links in the comment section for me to try!